The change in seasons calls for extra candles, cozy throws and of course, comfort food. Crock-pot recipes are the best because they’re low-maintenance and it’s still possible to get things done while preparing dinner for the family. You can cook all kinds of tasty delights in your trusty slow cooker, ranging from chicken wings to mac & cheese to shepherd’s pie and much, much more. It just gets you excited about your next meal.
1. Slow Cooker Party Meatballs
image credit: mommymusings / Stefanie
These grape jelly meatballs were amazing! The sauce is almost barbecue-like in consistency, with the perfect amount of sweet and spicy flavor. My family could not get enough! Luckily, this recipe is now in my index, and I will be making them for our next tailgating party. I added toothpicks so you could see how to serve as an appetizer, but they would also be great on a bun as a slider. Whatever you do, don’t hesitate to give these slow cooker meatballs a try— I shouldn’t have waited so long!
Slow Cooker Party Meatballs Recipe
- 3 lb frozen Meatballs
- 24 oz Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Grape Jelly
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce optional
Add all ingredients except meatballs to slow cooker and stir until mixed.
Add meatballs and stir to coat.
Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
2. Crockpot Taco Queso Dip
This taco queso dip combines two of my dip favorites, a block of Velveeta cheese and Rotel. Add in some spices and ground beef and this is a definite winner!
All you need to do is brown up some ground beef and drain the excess fat. Toss everything in the crockpot and cover it with a lid.
Come back every so often and give it a stir. After a few hours, you’ll have the most scrumptious dip you’ve ever tasted!
Crockpot Taco Queso Dip
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cans of Original Rotel
- 32 oz Velveeta
- 2 teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
In a large skillet, brown your ground beef with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Drain excess fat then toss cooked beef into the crockpot.
Chunk up your Velveeta and add to the crockpot. Add the cans of undrained Rotel and the various spices. Mix well.
Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Enjoy with your favorite chips!
3. Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
Crock Pot Baked Potatoes
- 4 –6 russet baking potatoes
- 2 –3 teaspoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon per potato
- 1 –1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon per potato
- Aluminum foil
- Toppings: Freshly grated Roundy’s Cheese I used extra-sharp cheddar, chopped chives, cooked and crumbled bacon; Roundy’s Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
Scrub the potatoes and dry completely. For each potato, tear off a piece of aluminum foil large enough to wrap around the potato completely. Prick the potato all over with a fork, then place it in the center of the foil. Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Rub the salt and oil over the surface of the potato, then wrap tightly with the foil sheet. Place in your slow cooker.
Cook the potatoes on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours, until soft. Do not overcook, or the potatoes may become soggy. Remove and carefully unwrap (the potatoes will be hot). Split and top with cheese, chives, bacon, and Greek yogurt as desired.
4. Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili
SLOW COOKER CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 24 oz. chicken broth low sodium
- 2 15 oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 4 oz cans diced green chiles I do one hot, one mild
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- small handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup half and half
- sliced jalapenos
- sliced avocados
- dollop of sour cream
- minced fresh cilantro
- tortilla strips
- shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
5. Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
image credit: therecipecritic
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
6. Crockpot Pierogi Casserole With Kielbasa
image credit: dailydiylife
Get the recipe here for this Crockpot Pierogi Casserole with Kielbasa
7. Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
image credit: sugarapron
Get the recipe here for this Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
8. Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
image credit: chefsavvy
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
9. Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
image credit: jocooks
Get the recipe here for this Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
10. Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
image credit: justapinch / Cassie
Get the recipe here for this Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
11. Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
image credit: dinnerthendessert
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken
12. Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
image credit: dontwastethecrumbs
Get the recipe here for this Classic Slow Cooker Pot Roast
13. Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
image credit: belleofthekitchen
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
14. Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
image credit: thekitchn
Get the recipe here for this Slow-Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
15. Slow Cooker Meatloaf
image credit: cincyshopper
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Meatloaf
16. Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
image credit: thegunnysack
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
17. Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
image credit: dinnerthendessert
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
18. 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
image credit: fitslowcookerqueen
Get the recipe here for this 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas
19. Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
image credit: pinchofyum
Get the recipe here for this Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
20. Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
image credit: greatgrubdelicioustreats
Get the recipe here for this Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken
21. Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken
image credit: recipesthatcrock
Get the recipe here for this Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken
22. The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
image credit: familyfreshmeals
Get the recipe here for this The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
23. Slow Cooker Chicken Rice Soup
image credit: favfamilyrecipes
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Chicken Rice Soup
24. Crock Pot Beef Stew
image credit: life in the lofthouse
Get the recipe here for this Crock Pot Beef Stew
25. Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
image credit: life in the spendwithpennies
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak
26. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
image credit: life in the therecipecritic / Alyssa
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Chicken Fajita Soup
27. Slow Cooker Chili Mac
image credit: life in the countrysidecravings
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Chili Mac
28. Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
image credit: life in the rickontherocks
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
29. Slow Cooker Jambalaya
image credit: life in the lecremedelacrumb
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Jambalaya
30. Slow Cooker Italian Chicken And Potatoes
image credit: life in the therecipecritic
Get the recipe here for this Slow Cooker Italian Chicken and Potatoes